Forensic Control brings you the best in computer forensic expertise. Our London based computer forensic experts analyse and present digital evidence, supplying independent, expert advice in plain English to support your case. We uncover all types of data – even after attempts have been made to delete or hide it – in order to provide our clients with compelling and legally admissible evidence. For specialist IT forensic expertise, call us on 020 7193 3324 for a free consultation.
- Do not use generic accounts e.g. ‘admin’
- Every user profile should be protected by a password that is not shared
- All network devices should have sufficient logging/auditing switched on
- Event logs should be backed up to secure location
- Does your back-up procedure do what you thought it did? Verify it. Can it be restored?
“We have used a number of services from Forensics Control with excellent results and in a timely manner. We found Jonathan and his team to be professional and creative utilizing leading edge technology and subject matter expertise to achieve the desired outcome.”
President, aviation company, England
In this article in our series on IP (intellectual property) theft we identify steps that can be taken to reduce the likelihood of all but the most determined from stealing IP. We’ve put these into three categories; audit, assess and implement. As you’ll see in the case study, although something of a cliché, prevention is indeed …