Forensic Control brings you the best in computer forensic expertise. Our London based computer forensic experts analyse and present digital evidence, supplying independent, expert advice in plain English to support your case. We uncover all types of data – even after attempts have been made to delete or hide it – in order to provide our clients with compelling and legally admissible evidence. For specialist IT forensic expertise, call us on 020 7193 3324 for a free consultation.
- Do not use generic accounts e.g. ‘admin’
- Every user profile should be protected by a password that is not shared
- All network devices should have sufficient logging/auditing switched on
- Event logs should be backed up to secure location
- Does your back-up procedure do what you thought it did? Verify it. Can it be restored?
“Forensic Control provides the personable user-friendly service of a specialist firm with an end product and level of expertise and professionalism that is befitting of a market leader. ”
Sid Harding, Partner, Ballamy LLP (Forensic Accountants)
This article was originally published by Expansys in April 2012. It was written for a consumer (non-expert) readership. I’ll let you into a secret. It may make me unpopular with data recovery companies, but I’ll live with it: in a lot of cases where you’ve think you’ve lost a photograph or file, it’s very straightforward…